Cozy Cinnamon Old Fashioned
This old fashioned cocktail features smooth scotch, which imparts depth of flavor and a light smoke finish. Its creamy toffee notes blend with cinnamon syrup and bitters to create a drink that makes you feel cozy on the chilliest of days.
- 1 ½ oz Johnnie Walker Black Label Blended Scotch 12 Year Old
- 2 dashes Angostura Bitters
- ¼ oz cinnamon syrup*
- Cinnamon stick, for garnish
*Cinnamon Syrup: Simmer 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water in a saucepan until sugar dissolves. Add 2 cinnamon sticks; simmer over low heat for 10-15 minutes. Remove from heat, cover and let sit for 1 hour; discard sticks. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Combine all ingredients, except for garnish, in a shaker filled with ice.
- Shake and strain into an old-fashioned glass filled with fresh ice.
- Garnish with cinnamon stick.