Chai Old Fashioned
Cozy up with this Chai Old Fashioned. Made with a sweet chai simple syrup, bitters and a touch of citrus, this warming bourbon cocktail is the perfect sipper for chilly November nights by the fire.
- 2 oz Maker's Mark Straight Bourbon
- 2 dashes bitters
- 2 oz chai simple syrup*
- 1 oz fresh lemon juice
- Q Club soda
- Cinnamon stick, for garnish
- Star anise, for garnish
- Dehydrated lemon wheel, for garnish
- *Chai simple syrup: Boil 1 cup water in a medium saucepan. Remove from heat, add 4 chai tea bags, cover and steep 12 minutes. Remove tea bags and stir in ⅓ cup maple syrup. Boil, without boiling over, for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla. Refrigerate in an airtight container.
- Combine first four ingredients in a shaker filled with ice.
- Shake and strain into an old-fashioned glass filled with fresh ice.
- Top with club soda.
- Garnish with cinnamon stick, star anise and dehydrated lemon wheel.