Smoky Old Fashioned
Smoky cocktails are hot, and this one will not disappoint! Smoked hickory chips infused with the spicy flavor of rye whiskey combine with a little sweet and tart from the brown sugar and bitters for a distinctive evening sip.
- Smoke hickory wood chips in a glass decanter.*
- Muddle first three ingredients in a mixing glass.
- Add ice and whiskey.
- Stir until well-chilled; strain into prepared decanter.
- Cover the top and let mixture rest for 2 minutes.
- Place a large ice cube in an old-fashioned glass.
- Slowly pour smoked cocktail into prepared glass.
- Garnish with lemon peel.