Last updated: March 21, 2017
- Information Collected by the PLCB or Third-Party Contractors or Suppliers
- Use of Information by the PLCB or Third-Party Contractors or Suppliers
- Sharing of Information by the PLCB or Third-Party Contractors or Suppliers
- Access to Information and Choice
- External Linking
- Contact Information
- Information that is collected automatically:The PLCB and/or its third-party contractors or suppliers may automatically collect the following information when you use or access the FWGS website and/or FWGS mobile platforms:
Additionally, in order to administer the PLCB's business and to optimize the shopping experience for customers, the FWGS website and FWGS mobile platforms automatically employ the use of the following:
- Your domain name; for example, "xcompany.com" if you use a private internet access account, or "yourschool.edu" if you are connecting from a university domain;
- Your IP address, a number automatically assigned to your device when you are using the internet;
- The type of browser and operating system used to access the FWGS website and/or FWGS mobile platforms;
- The internet address of the website from which you linked directly to the FWGS website and/or FWGS mobile platforms;
- The pages you visit within the FWGS website and/or FWGS mobile platforms; and
- The links used to access other websites from the FWGS website and/or FWGS mobile platforms.
- Cookies"Cookies" are used to provide tailored information to customers. A "cookie" is an element of data placed on a device when it is used to visit a website. Both "session" cookies, which expire once you close your web browser, and "persistent" cookies, which remain on your device, sometimes until you delete them, may be used.If you would prefer not to accept cookies, most browsers will allow you to block or delete cookies. Please note, however, that by disabling cookies, certain features of the FWGS website and/or FWGS mobile platforms may no longer work properly.
- Pixel TagsA "pixel tag" is a transparent graphic image, sometimes called a web beacon or clear GIF, that is placed on a website, in online content, or in the body of an email to indicate that a page or email has been viewed. Pixel tags are used in conjunction with cookies to anonymously track interactions with the FWGS website and/or FWGS mobile platforms in order to determine user trends.
- Similar TechnologiesThe FWGS website and/or FWGS mobile platforms may also automatically use other kinds of technologies for the same or similar purposes. These may include Local Shared Objects (or "Flash cookies"), HTML5 local storage, mobile analytics software, and mobile ad identifiers.
- Information that is collected based on your voluntary provision of the same:The PLCB and/or its third-party contractors or suppliers may also collect certain information that you voluntarily provide when you:
The information collected by the PLCB may include personally identifiable information, which generally refers to information that can be used to distinguish or trace an individual's identity, such as your name, billing address, shipping address, telephone number, email address, and credit card information. The information collected may be in the form of text characters, videos, audio, photographs, data files, or may involve various other formats. Any information collected is retained only to the extent authorized by applicable laws, Commonwealth polices, and/or applicable standards or agreements governing the PLCB's operations.
- Create or maintain a customer account on the FWGS website and/or any FWGS mobile platform(s);
- Sign up for newsletters, notifications, or promotional material through the FWGS website and/or FWGS mobile platforms;
- Place an order or purchase products through the FWGS website and/or FWGS mobile platforms;
- Contact the PLCB for any reason;
- Participate in PLCB-sponsored programs, events, or services, including but not limited to customer rewards programs, lotteries, product clubs, subscription services, sweepstakes, surveys, or promotions;
- Connect with the FWGS website and/or FWGS mobile platforms through social media services; or
- Otherwise submit personal information.
Any information that is collected by the PLCB or its third-party contractors or suppliers when you use or access the FWGS website and/or FWGS mobile platforms will generally be used as follows:
- To provide and manage services you request. This includes, for example, processing purchases made through the FWGS website and/or FWGS mobile platforms, responding to customer questions and comments, managing customer accounts, conducting customer rewards programs, and sending promotional material. You may opt out of receiving commercial email messages at any time by following the instructions contained in those messages.
- To deliver targeted marketing materials. The PLCB, along with its third-party contractors or suppliers, may use your information to personalize and tailor content and facilitate the delivery of targeted marketing material such as advertisements, promotions, and offers, whether via the FWGS website, FWGS mobile platforms, or elsewhere.
- To better understand customer preferences and enhance performance. Non-personal information may be used by the PLCB, or its third-party contractors or suppliers, for statistical analysis via standard third-party software. Such information may also be used, in the aggregate, to determine what types of information customers find most beneficial or interesting and to identify system performance or problem areas.
- To satisfy other operational needs. The PLCB, or its third-party contractors or suppliers, may also use any information that is collected to satisfy other operational needs of the PLCB. Any personal information that is collected by the PLCB or any third-party contractors or suppliers will not be used, under any circumstances, to satisfy the operational needs of any private business or interest, including those of a third-party contractor or supplier, beyond the scope of a specific contract or service being provided to the PLCB.
Any information collected by the PLCB or its third-party contractors or suppliers when you use or access the FWGS website and/or FWGS mobile platforms will not be shared or disclosed with anyone, except as specifically set forth herein.
Please note that pursuant to applicable law, the PLCB is strictly prohibited from selling or otherwise disclosing names, addresses, and/or any other information that would identify personal purchase choices of individual consumers under any circumstances.
The PLCB may share non-personal information, such as aggregate usage data, with third-parties to improve the FWGS website and/or FWGS mobile platforms. Third-parties may use the non-personal information to improve their own services, consistent with their own privacy policies.
The PLCB will only share personal information under the following circumstances:
- To enable a third-party or supplier to perform contracted services. The PLCB may contract with third-party contractors or suppliers to perform various services related to the operation of the FWGS website and/or FWGS mobile platforms, including but not limited to hosting or operating services, assisting with advertising, analyzing data, processing transactions, fulfilling orders, providing platform maximization, and supplying marketing or promotional support. The PLCB may share your personally identifiable information with such third-party contractors or suppliers to provide the products or services that you request, and/or to otherwise enhance your shopping experience. The PLCB is not responsible for the privacy practices of its third-party contractors or suppliers, although all vendors are contractually bound to ensure the privacy of any personally identifiable information received.
- To satisfy legal obligations. The PLCB may share or disclose certain personally identifiable information in instances where it is legally obligated to do so, such as if the information is requested pursuant to a valid subpoena or court order, or if the information is requested by law enforcement or other governmental authorities for purposes of enforcing a violation of law.
- When you have specifically consented. The PLCB may share your personally identifiable information with third parties whenever you have specifically consented to sharing or disclosing such information. The PLCB may also receive your personally identifiable information from third parties in the same manner, such as when you connect your social media account(s) with the FWGS website and/or FWGS mobile platforms.
Any information that you enter or provide when creating a customer account through the FWGS website and/or FWGS mobile platforms will be open and accessible to you for review and modification at any time simply by logging into your customer account. You are free to choose to discontinue your use of the FWGS website and/or FWGS mobile platforms at any time.
Please note that it may not always be possible to completely remove or delete all of your information from the PLCB's databases without some residual data remaining in back-up storage. The PLCB may also may retain and use your information as needed to comply with legal obligations, to resolve disputes, or to enforce agreements and policies.
You may be the given the option to receive some forms of commercial messaging and targeted advertising from the PLCB and its third-party contractors or suppliers. To unsubscribe or opt out of receiving such messaging or advertising you have previously chosen to receive, simply follow the instructions contained in the communications relative to the same. If you have any questions or difficulties in doing so, you may contact the PLCB by email or mail at the addresses set forth below.
Please note that the PLCB does not control the privacy settings and preferences maintained by social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and YouTube. If you wish to make changes to those accounts, you may do so by visiting the settings pages of those sites.
As part of the PLCB's continuing commitment to the security of electronic content as well as the electronic transmission of information, it has a variety of physical, electronic, and administrative procedures in place to protect your personally identifiable information and online transactions across the FWGS website and all FWGS mobile platforms. This includes using Transport Layer Security (TLS) to encrypt your information as it is transmitted between servers and your browser. With regard to purchases, the PLCB is required to protect your payment card information in compliance with the Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standards for a Level 1 retailer. As such, your payment card number, including any security codes, will be encrypted and protected from disclosure, except as to the contracted payment processors.
In addition to maintaining the highest level of PCI compliance, the PLCB and its contracted third-party vendors generally adhere to many of the detailed technology and security policies set by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania's Office of Administration (OA), which can be viewed at OA's Office for Information Technology website at http://www.oa.pa.gov/Policies/Pages/itp.aspx, with some exceptions.
Nonetheless, no security system is perfect or impenetrable. While the PLCB will continue to maintain and improve the above measures to safeguard your information, it cannot guarantee that your information will not be accessed through the unauthorized acts of others.
You are responsible for protecting the username and password associated with your customer account. You should not divulge your username or password to anyone; the PLCB will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or email. It is further recommended that you log out (where applicable) and close the web browser when you have finished using or accessing the FWGS website and/or any FWGS mobile platform(s).
When contacting the PLCB through any method of communication (phone call, email, text or SMS message, web form, etc.), you must determine whether the method of communication is adequately secure for your purposes prior to providing any confidential or personally identifiable information. Any information sent by you to the PLCB is sent at your own risk; the PLCB cannot guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to the PLCB.
The FWGS website and/or FWGS mobile platforms may link or interact with third-party websites, content, or services that are not owned, controlled, or operated by the PLCB, including but not limited to social media websites or platforms. The PLCB does not endorse any specific third-party websites, content, or services, and the PLCB is not liable for any harm or damages related to your use of the same. Please review the privacy polices applicable to any third-party websites, content, or services carefully prior to using the same. Questions or complaints regarding third-party websites, content, or services should be directed to the applicable third party.
By Email: RAfirstname.lastname@example.org
By Mail: 217 Northwest Office Building, Harrisburg, PA 17124