You can sip these spirits in a tequila glass, drink shots with salt and lime, or mix them into a Margarita or Tequila Sunrise.
Bottles labeled just as “tequila” are mixto tequilas made with just 51% blue agave, with the other 49% of the mix coming from other sugars. Tequila made with 100% blue agave will be clearly labeled as such.
Silver, Blanco and Plata tequilas are clear and not aged. Joven, Gold and Oro tequilas have added color or flavor. Reposado is aged a minimum of two months, but no more than 11 months. Añejo is aged between one and three years. Extra Añejo is aged a minimum of three years.